Last updated on May 23rd, 2018.
This website is owned and operated by Dataconcept s.r.o.
‘Personal data’ refers to any information which can be used to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address and postal address. ‘Personal data’ is defined under Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation as ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a ‘data subject’).
2. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we may collect from you includes:
1. First and last name;
2. Postal address;
3. Phone number (land line, mobile and fax);
4. Credit or debit card details;
5. Company name;
6. Internet Protocol (IP) address;
7. Email address
We collect this personal data under the lawful bases of consent and contract, as outlined in Article 6 of the GDPR.
3. When do we collect data?
We may collect personal data from you when you perform the following actions while browsing our Websites:
1. Sign up to download a document;
2. Register to receive newsletters;
3. Sign up for an event;
4. Enter a competition;
5. Enter into business negotiations with any of our titles
6. Choose to contact us through the forms existing in this website
7. Share or engage in the content used in this website through social media sharing buttons present in dataconcept.digital.
4. How will we use your personal data?
When you give us any personal data as indicated above, we use this data to:
1. Enable you to use services that we may provide via dataconcept.digital;
2. Enable you to become a registered user on dataconcept.digital, via a subscription or a newsletter sign-up;
3. If a transaction is required, to process your transaction and correspond with you accordingly;
4. Provide you, with your consent and according to your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, the latest news from our website and company, or information about special offers or events which may be of interest to you;
5. Monitor activity and user behaviour on our website for market research purposes, in order to enhance user experience, as well as improve the efficiency and content of the website. We examine user trends using analytics tools in order to successfully operate out our website and improve user experience. This personal data is collected in aggregate and is rendered anonymous.
6. To deliver better and relevant ads to you, as well as marketing and downloadable material.
5. How long will we keep your data?
We will keep your data on file as long as is required to provide the services requested by you, the user. To see how you can request deletion, correction, or restriction of your data, please see below.
6. To whom do we pass your personal data?
We will only disclose personal data to government bodies, law enforcement agencies, suppliers which process data on our behalf, and successors in title to our business if that is requested.
7. International transfers of personal data
As Dataconcept does not have international offices, we will hold your personal information in Slovakia, only.
By visiting our website and submitting personal data, you acknowledge the processing of your data on this basis.
When you visit our website, we might record information by placing a ‘cookie’ on your computer hard drive or on your mobile device (including but not limited to your mobile or tablet).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser or by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows www.dataconcept.digital or a thirdparty to recognize you and make your next visit easier and this website more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for varying amounts of time. Temporary cookies, or ‘session cookies’, exist only while your website browser remains open and are deleted as soon as you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they stay on your computer or mobile device after your browser is closed and can be used by websites to recognise your computer when you next open your browser. We use both session and persistent cookies on our website and we use different types of cookies to run www.dataconcept.digital.
Cookies set by the website owner are called ‘first party cookies’. Cookies set by entities other than the website owner are called ‘third party cookies’. Third party cookies are used to provide third party features or improve functionality via the website (e.g. like display ads and video). Third party cookie owners can recognise your computer when it visits our website and also when it visits certain other websites.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences and some of our pages might not display properly.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish, by updating your web browser settings. See how here:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
9. Linking to other websites
Our website might possess hyperlinks to third-party sites. You should review the privacy policies of these websites upon visiting them, as said policies are distinct to our own.
Third party privacy policies will govern the use of personal data collected when you visit those websites. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for the privacy policies of third party website, and as such your use of these websites proceeds at your own risk.
10. Your right to access and your right to rectification
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold, and to request the correction of any errors. We will reply to your access request within a month, providing a portable data document in a commonly used format, as required by the GDPR. A small fee may be charged under applicable laws in certain areas.
11. Your right to object and your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data and/or delete your personal data, as per legitimate grounds outlined in Article 6 and Article 17 of the GDPR. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details provided below.
From time to time, we would like to send you information about our products, services, and events and possibly those of other websites in our company which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to opt-in to receive marketing material at any time from us, you may opt-out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to our partners. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please e-mail us your request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. How to contact us:
You can send any queries or comments to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
811 01 Bratislava
Phone: +421 918 666 099